Thursday, April 19, 2012

The quest of life


Lying on the bed, I was turning all night
With my eyes closed, trying hard to sleep
Finally its dawn, I get up from my bed
And walk up to the open sky
The cold breeze though reassuring
I felt my heart asking me innumerable questions
And I have no answer, and hence the restlessness continues
I ask myself why I am not happy, why do I rarely feel alive
Have I reached the place I wanted in my life
Have I did anything worthy, can anybody remind
Why I had to lose the people who meant the world to me
Why don’t I smile as my people expect me to be?
Once again I close my eye and the quest still lingers
I could hear the mildest of sound, I could feel their presence
Every single sole has something in distinct
Everyone is alive for a reason, for a point
And so am I, trying to justify my existence
And when I open my eye I see the things I never saw before
Everything is here right here; it needs the vision beyond normal eye
And steadily I felt my heart in perfect harmony, and I realised hard times are a bliss
It too shall pass, turning me into a strong soul
I let go of my pain, my loss, my grudges, and my anger
I feel lonely no more, I am my companion
I feel up, I feel great, I felt the tranquillity
I am smiling...as my people expect me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment